Art and Furniture Strategic Partnership (ARTURE)
ARTURE has developed innovative practices relating to cooperation for fostering creativity and innovation between VET providers, universities of design and arts including research centres.
ARTURE project has been built on 3 learning pillars:
- 1. Basic concepts of Applied Art.
- 2. Manufacturing Processes and Techniques of Furniture Products.
- 3. Specifications and Standards for Furniture Products.
ARTURE platform connects experts and students from the furniture sector and the art world. Users will have the chance of sharing information, knowledge and experiences with other EU users through our platform. ARTURE has also become the primary step for collaborations.
Why ARTURE project has been developed?
Evidenced several skills mismatches in this field due to the onset of some problems during the furniture design process
- The manufacturing process of the suggested design is not feasible due to the suggested shapes or materials used.
- The design doesn’t pass the validation phase because it doesn't comply with specific standards in terms of safety or durability.
- The materials employed are not suitable for its use in furniture since they do not comply with general specifications (resistance, durability,...) or with requirements addressed to specific uses (ie: Migration of substances in children's furniture).
On the other hand, the other way around happens with designers and manufactures: in spite of being able to design products with no problems for its manufacturing, these do not always claim customers attention because their designs are not so creative and even sometimes they do not comply with any specification in terms of safety or durability.
What was the aim of the project?
ARTURE seeks the development of an STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP among 2 different actors: Higher Education Entities in the field of Arts and Technical Institutions that support furniture industries in order to facilitate the exchange, flow and co-creation of knowledge addressing the vocational skills mismatches and shortages described above by:
- Defining the skills needs related to Creative designing and Manufacturing Furniture, identified among the different actors of this project.
- Designing and delivering a novel academic curriculum.
- Ensuring that the outcomes are effectively disseminated, exploited and the results are integrated into qualification structure in the field of the furniture sector and applied arts.
ARTURE has developed innovative practices relating to cooperation for developing creativity and innovation between VET providers, universities of design and arts and research centres.